I am an emerging script writer supported by 20 years as an award-winning actress on stage and screen, and many years as a copywriter. Having read and performed hundreds of scripts I have a well-honed sense of drama, stakes and pace. I'm a natural collaborator and thrive in a team. I'm interested in strong female characters and drawn to themes of ambition and being an outsider.
My latest project is an action/drama feature called The Fantasy Ridge, which is a 2017 Final Draft Big Break Top 10 Finalist. It's about an estranged sister and brother who attempt to climb the last unconquered route to Everest's summit -- the one that killed their father. The story is fiction, the place is real. Legendary explorer George Mallory said the route is so impossible it can be climbed only in the imagination. To date, all attempts have failed. The script has already had interest from producers.
My short script Black Lotus was a finalist in The Impact 50 project, and two of my other scripts have been shortlisted in competitions. Judgment Day, a one act play I wrote and performed, will be published in Dramatic Shorts: Volume 3.
Writing courses include:
- TV Writing Intensive with Pilar Alessandra 2018
- London Screenwriters' Festival 2016, 2015 and 2014
- The ProSeries at ScreenwritingU.com, a six-month intensive, online professional screenwriting program completed in 2013
- Women in Film and Television UK talks and workshops, ongoing
- Complete Creative Writing Course, the Original and Intermediate course, each six weeks, led by Maggie Hammand at the Groucho Club, London